Saturday, March 8, 2014

Review: Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation

Hi! I bought this foundation after hearing some mixed reviews. Everything from it's amazing to I don't think I will repurchase it. I decided I needed to try it for myself. So here is my review(:
 
First off packaging is good. It's easy to get the product out which is a big thing with these mousse foundations. It also has the adorable crown on it that Rimmel products usually have. The only thing is it would have been able to see inside what color the foundation was. I know they put some color on the outside so you can get an idea of what color it is. But I wanted to actually be able to see the product inside. Overall I like the packaging though.

On the packaging it claims to be lightweight and shine control. Since this foundation is a mousse it is very light and feels like you have almost nothing on. It doesn't make any claims as to it's coverage. I heard the coverage is everything from full to a light coverage. So here it is after I applied it and set lightly with my NYX Stay Matte Not Flat Powder.
 
 
It looks amazing! After I applied it I felt like it was medium coverage but I did apply a little more under my eyes and it did add more coverage. That is also why I applied my NYX Powder to add that little boost of coverage. Now the claims of staying matte. Of course it was pretty matte after it was first applied and I tested this foundation out for 10 hours. So here it is 10 hours later.
 
I do look a bit shiny but it didn't look quite this shiny in person. But honestly not too bad if you ask me. So I applied some powder to touch it up and this is what that looked like.
 
The coverage doesn't look as great as it did starting out but it still looks good. Overall I'm pretty happy with this foundation. I bought the shade 091 Light Ivory. I think the shade may be just a tad too dark but I can make it work(: This foundation was $4.99 at my Ulta so a really good price. Would I repurchase this again? Yea I think so. It was a pretty good foundation. It isn't my new HG foundation but I really wouldn't mind having it in my collection. So if you are looking for a new drugstore foundation I would definitely give this a try! Thank you for reading!
-Eat Sleep Makeup
 
P.S. I used my Lorac Porefection Primer with this. I did not try the primer that came out with this foundation because I didn't hear too many great things about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment