Friday, March 14, 2014

PRIMERS, PRIMERS, AND MORE PRIMERS!

Hi! Today's post is a little different. I'm doing mini reviews of all the face primers I have tried. There is a lot so let's get started!
 
1. Sephora Anti-Shine Primer ($17 at Sephora). This primer was a weird consistency. I can't think of the words to explain it. It also had a weird rose smell. As for keeping away the shine I give it 2 out of 5. It wasn't the worst primer I ever tried but I feel like it didn't do much.
 
2. Bare Minerals Prime Time Primer ($23 at Sephora and Ulta). This primer claims to do it all and be good for all skin types. It's like a white lotion for your face which usually makes me think it is better for dry skin. It does claim to keep shine at bay. Out of 5 I give it a 1 because this broke my skin out so horribly bad. Like painful breakouts. As a primer I didn't see any difference in my foundation. It didn't make it last longer or look better.
 
3. Tarte Brightening Primer ($30 at Sephora and Ulta). It claims to give your skin a more radiant look and be hydrating. It comes out almost like a liquid illuminator. This primer definitely works. It makes your skin look naturally better. Out of 5 I give this a 4.
 
4. Tarte Poreless Primer ($30 at Sephora and Ulta). This is your typical silicone feeling primer. It claims to fill in pores and fine lines. I would have to say this does a good job and keeps my skin really matte. It makes your skin feel really soft and look almost perfect. Out of 5 I give this a 5. One of my favorite primers!
 
5. Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Complexion Primer ($31 at Sephora and Ulta). It has been awhile since I used this one. I do remember it was a similar silicone primer. I also remember it made a huge difference in my foundation. I'm giving this a 4 out of 5 because it has been awhile since I've tried this but I did really like it.
 
6. Benefit Porefessional ($31 at Sephora and Ulta). This primer I feel like is one of the more unique primers I have tried. When I got this I fully expected it to be the typical clear silicone primer. When it comes out though it is like skin tone colored. I would also say its not quite as smooth as the usual silicone primer. This one seems to sink into your skin better. However this didn't keep my face very matte. I give this a 4 out of 5.
 
7. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer ($36 at Spehora and Ulta). This primer was super raved about. This is your typical silicone primer. It claims to increase the longevity of your foundation and fill in pores and fine lines. I didn't see much of a difference in anyway. I gave it a 2 out of 5.

8. Lorac Porefection Mattifying Primer ($32 at Ulta and Sephora?). I just finished this one. Again it's a clear silicone primer. I think it's ok. It makes my pores look better and keeps my skin matte a little longer but I think there is better out there. I gave it 3 out of 5.

9. Urban Decay Naked Beauty Balm ($34 at Sephora and Ulta). Obviously we have read about bb creams and all they claim to do. I do think this makes your skin look really nice and I seen some improvement over time. I think it makes my foundation look nicer but it doesn't necessary increase the longevity. The fact that it improves your skin over time is a good bonus though. I give this 4 out of 5.

10. Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12 Hour Primer ($34 at Ulta and Sephora). See upcoming review! This stuff is so good it needs its own review(:

I wish I had pictures to go with to show what all the primers look like but this is over my entire time of using makeup. I hope you guys liked these little reviews. Thank you for reading!
-Eat Sleep Makeup


No comments:

Post a Comment