Thursday, November 14, 2013

Tarte Gorgeous Getaways Set Review!

Hi! I got this set at the end of October. Now that I've had some time to play with this set awhile I have to say this is one of my favorite makeup purchases! It's fantastic! So first this is what it looks like.



 
The set includes 16 eyeshadows, 4 blushes, 3 lip glosses, and 1 portable palette. Each eyeshadow quad with blush comes out and can be put in the portable palette like so.
 
It's great for taking along for traveling or for touch ups. You don't really need to do any touch ups because these shadows have great pigmentation and awesome staying power. As for the packaging of the set I think it's really pretty. The outside has an ombre like effect that goes from a lighter purple to a dark purple. The whole thing is covered in gold branches. It also has a pretty good sized mirror. It does stay up to so it is useful. It stays shut with a magnet much like the original Naked palette or the Lorac Pro palette. The shadows open on the top and there is a drawer underneath with the lip glosses and the portable case. This set isn't the greatest for traveling because it is bigger however you could take this and not need another eyeshadow, blush, or possibly lip gloss. This is swatches of some of the eyeshadows, the blush, and one of the lip glosses.
  This palette does have quite a few mattes (7 to be exact) and they are not chalky at all. They slightly remind me of Urban Decay except just a tad less creamy feeling. You don't need much product at all. If you have heard of the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes you know they have AMAZING pigmentation and the blushes in this collection are no exception. The glosses seem to have ok pigmentation. However I have had one major issue with them. They stopper sucks! It seems like I can barely get any gloss out and it is clearly full. That swatch took a few tries to get enough gloss to show you. The set is still great though. Not only can you create tons of look with the 16 eyeshadows but even with just the individual quads you can create lots of looks. I plan on doing a tutorial for each quad. So watch for those soon because they should be my next posts. Another thing I like about this set is it has a nice balance of neutrals and subtle pops of color. Also the pops of color aren't too crazy the are still very.... classy (for lack of a better word). For example Central Park is a dark matte olive green. The colors are not for example a crazy bright purple with disco glitter (not that I wouldn't love that but it's not for everyone). One quad is fairly neutral but you could always use some of the other colors to add a pop. I just feel like it all goes well together as a set. It's not a bunch of quads that you kind of have to use just that quad because it doesn't go with anything else in the set. I'm going to go through the quads individually now. The first quad in the upper left corner has the shadows Taj Mahal, Grand Canyon, Big Ben, and Central Park. The blush that comes with this quad is Savvy.  Next the quad in the upper right corner has the shadows Santorini Bikini, Great Sphynx, Pacific Sunset, and Belgian Chocolate. The blush with this quad is Spontaneous. The quad in the lower left corner has Serengeti Sand, Buckingham Palace, Rocky Mountains, and Bordeaux. The blush with this quad is Ambitious. And lastly the quad in the lower right corner has the shadows Gold Coast, Eiffel Tower, Space Needle, and Midnight in Paris. The blush with this is Lighthearted. The three glosses are New York Minute, When in Rome, and Czech Me Out. By the way the packaging for the glosses is simple but gorgeous. I'm not super familiar with Tarte's products so I'm not sure if the eyeshadows and lip glosses are part of the permanent line but I do know the blushes are not. That does kind of suck because two of the blushes I NEED to have in my collection forever. They are seriously my new favorites/must haves. But when it comes down to it would I buy this again? Yes of course! I seriously recommend this set as a holiday gift set. I think it has a lot of great products and with it being fairly neutral I think a lot of people would be interested in it. I think it's also a good way to sort of introduce a little bit of subtle color to someone who doesn't wear a lot of color. I will be doing at least 4 tutorials using this maybe more. I hope you guys enjoyed this post and thank you for reading!
-Eat Sleep Makeup

No comments:

Post a Comment