Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Growing Out A Bob: 1 Year Update!!!

Hi! So it is really close to the time that I got my hair cut last year. Which means it has been one year of (trying to) growing my hair out! So I'm going to go back to the beginning.
 
Here is where I started.
 
 
 
Here is my 3 month update.
 
 

Here is my 5th update when I got my haircut.
 
 
 
 
This is my 6 month update.
 
 
 
This is from my 7 month update ( I should not have gotten my hair cut because this was a set back).
 
 
 
This was from my 9th month update.



 
This is from my last haircut/11 month update.



 
And lastly the BIG reveal!





I'm also growing out my bangs so this is where they are now.
 
I feel like even in just the last month my hair has grown a lot. It still does that annoying thing where it likes to flip out but it is getting better. I'm thinking another 1/2 -1 inch and that will not be a problem. I'm going to continue this series to see where it goes. I look back even just 6 months ago and would not want my hair that short. I'll probably do another update in 3 months or maybe 6. I did have a moment though. I fell in love with this picture!
 
So I almost went way back to the beginning. I'm sure I'll come back to this cut at some point maybe even shorter like this.
But IF that happens it will be awhile. So let's move on to what I'm doing to help my hair grow.
1. Joico Damage Shampoo, Conditioner, and Mask- This helps my hair a ton especially since I like to color it a lot. I also heat style my hair about 3 times a week so this helps keep it healthy and strong.
2. Joico Moisture Mask- This also helps keep my hair healthy by giving it all the moisture it needs.
3. Leave in Conditioner- I currently have 4 kinds. I have the Rusk 12-1 Treatment, the Paul Mitchel Forever Blonde Dramatic Repair Spray, the Biolage Keratindose Renewal Spray, and lastly my It's a 10 Leave in.
4. Eating Healthy and Staying Hydrated -this always helps.
5. Cutting Down on Heat Styling- Some weeks I only heat style my hair once and other weeks it's more. I would say it's an average of 2-3 times a week but this helps a lot too.
 
I guess that's it. I just haven't been as focused on getting it to grow now that it is starting to get longer. So let's talk about my goals for my next update. My hair touches my collarbone right now. So I'm hoping for a couple inches below that.
 


 
It's getting hard to find pictures that are a little longer than my hair to use as goal pictures. Lucy Hale is one of the few actress where you can actually see her hair gradually growing longer so she'll probably be my next few goal pictures. However I think this is reasonable. My fingers are crossed my hair some how gets easier to style because it has been a pain ever since it hit just above my shoulders. Well I will have another one of these up in February. I hope you guys enjoyed this and thank you for reading!
-Eat Sleep Makeup
P.S. Sorry about the length of this post but I wanted to be able to show you my progress. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment