Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Versatile Smokey Eye

Hi! It was hard to figure out a name for this tutorial but it uses one of my favorite eyeshadows which is Haight by Urban Decay. As much as I love this look the reason it is versatile is because you can replace Haight with any color you want. So on to the tutorial!
 
First I applied my L'Oreal Lumi Foundation (that's right no MAC foundation mixed in). Then I applied a mix of Urban Decay Naked and Buck into my crease.
 
Next I applied Urban Decay Haight on to the lid.
 
Next I applied Urban Decay's Asphalt into the crease. I also applied a bit of a matte grey from my Coastal Scents palette. I think Asphalt is too shimmery so mixing it with the matte tones it down a little.
 
This last step requires some serious blending. I applied Urban Decay's Blackout but really any matte black is fine. I applied this to the outer v and blending this into the crease. I also blended into the Haight on the outer 1/3 of my lid. It creates more of a gradient.
 
Then I applied Urban Decay Perversion pencil eyeliner to my upper waterline and lashline. I also slightly winged it out. Then I applied more Blackout on top of the winged out Perversion. It made it even more pigmented.
 
On my lower lashline I applied Blackout to the outer 1/3 and then Asphalt the rest of my lashline.
 
Lastly I applied a matte highlight color under my brows and a shimmery highlight color to the inner corner. I filled in my brows with my MAC Veluxe brow pencil and put on two coats of my Sephora Atomic Volume mascara. And the eyes are done!

 
On to the rest of the face(: I applied my Elf blush and bronzer duo to my cheeks and I contoured a little bit. Lastly I applied MAC's Creme Cup lipstick.




 
And that's it! It's pretty easy and you can do it with really any color you want. Also please ignore my hair in this tutorial. It's starting to feel really grown out and this was a bad hair day lol. Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial and I'm not sure what I'll be posting next. Thank you for reading!(:
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment