Saturday, May 31, 2014

NYX Hippie Chic Tutorial

Hi! Today's tutorial is centered around my NYX Matte Lipstick in Hippie Chic! I bought this looking for a dupe to Lime Crimes Babette. This probably isn't a dupe but its that perfect peach color I was looking for. It was just one of those colors that screamed summer to me and I knew I needed it. Let's get started!

I first applied UD Buck into my crease and blended up and out. Next I applied UD Barlust on my lid.
 
 Next I applied UD Darkhorse very slightly into my outer v and crease to add some definition.
 
 Under the eyes I applied UD Half Baked and Smog. For my inner corner I used UD Sin and for my brow highlight I used the light matte color from the UD Shattered Face Case. Then I applied my Essence Gel Liner and my MakeUp For Ever liner to my waterline.
 
 To finish the look I used my Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation. I wanted the cheeks to have a nice summery look so I applied my Too Faced 16hr Summer Bronzer and then my Jane blush in Peach Bouquet slightly over top. My brows I used my Rimmel brow pencil and my mascara I used my Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara. Lips are obviously NYX Matte Lipstick in Hippie Chic but I also put a tiny dab on Buxom lip gloss in Debbie on. Matte formulas are obviously drying so I want the gloss for some moisture. And this is the finished look!



 
I love the Hippie Chic color! It's like the perfect peachy color! Not so much digging my new hair color though. Not sure if I want to go back dark or add some highlights. I am liking the idea of a dark ombre but not sure if my hair could stand it. I might continue towards blonde though so I'm not sure. Also what hair trends are you liking for summer? Also any favorite lip colors for summer? Comment below! Anyways I hope you liked this tutorial and I will try to have something else up soon. I would really like to start doing videos but I don't have the set up quite yet. Hopefully soon!(:
-Eat Sleep Makeup
 

No comments:

Post a Comment