Thursday, May 29, 2014

Growing Out A Bob: 1 year and 6 months

Hi! I seriously almost forgot to do this post! So one major thing is my hair color change. I going to be totally honest this is the worst thing I could have done. It damaged my hair sooooo bad. Like I don't know if my hair has ever been this damaged. Yeah bad! But one good thing has come out of this and it is I've stepped up on making sure my hair is in better shape. I'm determined to get it back in great condition. Anyways it has been 2 months since my last update when I had an inch cut off and this is where I'm at now. I'm sorry some of the pictures are sideways. It was the only way to get a full picture of the length. I'm also still not on my computer so I couldn't rotate it.



I feel I have grown back the inch I cut off. Of course now I'm in need of another cut now though. I could use like an inch or two cut off but I think I'm going to try to get just a 1/2in to 1 inch off so it's not so much. One of the stylist at work said it's ok to cut the damage off little by little as long as I'm taking really good care of my hair in between trims and I get it trimmed every 6-8 weeks. Honestly I haven't been good at getting it cut every 6-8 weeks but maybe that's something I could improve on before my next update. What have I been doing to keep it healthy though?
1. Joico Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner- I feel like my hair didn't need protein before I dyed it but it mostly needed moisture. No brand is better for moisture than Joico in my opinion.

2. Joico Moisture Mask- I only have one use left so I have to purchase more tomorrow but this stuff is the best. My dry ends still feel really bad but this does make a difference.

3. Macadamia Oil- I put this on the ends for extra moisturizing.

4. Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Mask- I used this the first few times after coloring my hair to give it some protein that it was missing from bleaching it.

5. Leave In Conditioner- I have been using the It's a 10 original leave in mask and the It's a 10 Keratin one. I also have been finishing up my Paul Mitchell Forever Blonde one too.

6. Trying to take my vitamins and staying hydrated!- Being all around healthy seriously helps your hair be in better shape. I'm thinking about getting the Hair Skin and Nail vitamins from It Works. If you have tried them let me know down below!

7. NO heat styling- Since I've colored my hair I have heat styled my hair once. I'm actually trying to go a whole month without using any heat. It's been really hard because my hair isn't long to do like a really pretty fishtail braid or something more complicated. I actually did no heat waves the other day and those came out pretty. I just need more options than a top knot. I did use my flat iron today though to show you guys how long my hair is.

I still feel like I am no where near my end goal which would be somewhere in here.
 
Lucy Hale is like that one person that if I could I would trade hair with. But as you can see I want it quite long. I still feel quite far away from that though. Here are my goal pictures for next update which will be in August unless I get my hair cut then I will do another update before then. I'm sure I will get it cut because the ends are quite bad. But here are some ideas of where I hope to be.

 
A little longer than where I'm at now. I'm trying to set some realistic goals for my hair. If you guys have any suggestions let me know. I'm thinking about trying the Not Your Mother's Shampoo and Conditioner for growing out your hair. I think it's called Grow Strong. I know not coloring my hair would be a huge help to growing out my hair but I don't think I can't not do that lol. The longest I've made it was 2 months. But yeah any ideas or suggestions please comment below or if you have tried the It Works stuff let me know(: Thank you for reading and I can't wait for the next update!
-Eat Sleep Makeup

No comments:

Post a Comment