Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Growing Out A Bob: 3 Month Update

Hi! So it's been 3 months since I got my hair cut. It's only been 2 months since my blog post about my hair. I figured I would update you guys on what I'm doing different now and post some pictures of my hair. I guess I'll start with where my hair is now.



and this is one month after my haircut....


 
So there is some progress! For a long time it felt like it wasn't really growing much at all. My hair is still a little shorter than my last goal but I did say 3-5 months. Anyways let's move on to what I'm doing.
1. Hair, Skin, and Nails Vitamins- Still taking 2 of these everyday so not much different there. I have not stuck with taking these as much as I would like. I take them when I remember but I'm hoping to get better about it before my next 6 month update.
2. Joico Reconstruct Damage Shampoo and Conditioner- This is different than last time. I have been using this for awhile. Since I color my hair a lot I do what to repair what damage I can. Otherwise the ends will just break off and it will seem like your hair is not growing.
3. Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm- This is different too. You may have read my review on the Moroccan Oil Mask. I decided to switch to this after hearing so many good reviews from friends. I've only used it 3 times and I love it so far. Quick cosmetology lesson. If you heat style your hair a lot your hair is mostly going to need moisture. If you do a lot of chemical services to your hair, your hair is going to need protein. So since I do a bit of both that is why I use the damage and moisture.
4. Avoid Heat Styling and If I Do Use A Heat Protectant- I've managed to cut my heat styling down a lot. Since it's winter I can manage putting on a lot of hats. If I had longer hair I would do braids and stuff. For heat protectants I'm using the same 2 as my last post or there is another product that I use which I will talk about next.
5. Rusk Multi 12 in 1 Leave-In Treatment- This is pretty much my leave-in conditioner. I got it as a sample on my last trip to Cosmoprof and I pretty sure I'm going to buy the full size. It controls frizz, smooths, detangles, moisturizes, strengthens, and adds body. It can also be used as a heat protectant. I'm so glad I got this as a sample.
6. Detoxing My Hair- I still do this about once or twice a month to get rid of product build up and get my hair really clean.
7. Moroccan Oil or Matrix Smoothing Oil- I apply some oil to my hair on days I want a very smooth sleek look and to add a little more moisture to my hair but I usually only use either one of these once a week.
8. Scalp Massages- I don't do this before my shower with the oil anymore. I usually just do this in the shower when I apply either my conditioner or my deep conditioning treatment. Sometimes I use my Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner because it has a slight tingle and I like it is helping get the blood circulating.
9. Being Healthy- I'm again just trying to be healthy but it benefits my hair. I'm trying to drink more water and eat healthy as well as exercising.
 
So you can see I added more things and changed some of the things I was already doing. I guess let's talk about my next goal for my 6 month update. This picture was my last goal.
So I think for my 6 month update that's going to be my same goal. Something like these which is about the same length or maybe a little longer.


 
I think these pictures below are going to be my 9 month goal.

I'm hoping to not have it in a bob anymore and have it evened out. Ideally I would like it a few inches longer since we will be going to Vegas near my 9 month update. But I feel like if it is at least this length I will be able to get extensions that will be just a few inches longer and add thickness to my hair. So I'll do another update in May for 6 months. My hair tends to grow a lot faster during the summer so I'm hoping my 6 month update will be a little more dramatic. I may get my hair cut at 6 months. It depends I guess on how it looks and feels. Anyways stayed tuned for more updates. Thank you for reading(:

No comments:

Post a Comment