Wednesday, February 13, 2013

First Impressions: Tarte Clean Slate Deluxe Primer Trio


Hi! Sorry I haven't posted anything in awhile. I've been super busy trying to get this job. Also it's my friends birthday on Valentine's Day and we are going out this weekend so I had all that to look forward to. Anyways I'm just going to do a first impressions post because so far I am amazed and love this product. I bought a few things at Sephora the other day. I mostly wanted mascara and I noticed Sephora has one on sale for $5 so I bought that. I was also going through my shopping list/wish list and noticed I had the Tarte Clean Slate Deluxe Primer Trio on my list and it was $9. I was kind of on the hunt for a primer that would work for me with my large pores and this kit included that. So this is what it looks like:
 
The primers are a little smaller then what I was hoping. Today I tried out the first purple one which is for large pores. It also claims to last 12hrs. I decided to try the eye primer too. When I first applied the primer I already noticed a difference in my pores. It's very lightweight and a small amount goes a very long way. After I applied my foundation my face looked flawless. Super happy with it so far. Right now it has been 11 hrs and my face looks really good. My foundation isn't as perfect as when I applied it but it's a LOT better than it usually is. Also my face is normally pretty oily. Right now my face looks like how to usually does after 3 hrs without primer. A very small amount of shine that could be mistaken more as a glowy foundation. Another huge plus that it keeps shine away for that long.  I didn't set with a powder or anything because I wanted to really test this primer. I image if I had set it the results would be even better. I would definitely buy it again and I'm considering it. The full size one is 1 oz. and costs $30 which I feel is pretty much the usual for primers. I have tried the Benefit Porefessional and I think this one is better because I get a better matte finish with it and this makes my makeup last longer. Now on to the eye primer! The primer is a little more liquid-y than I'm used to (I normally use Urban Decay Primer Potion.) It being more liquid-y ended up being a plus because you need such a small amount to cover your entire lid. I decided to use my Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette because these eye shadows don't last that long on me with primer or a base. First thing I noticed was this primer really grabs your eyeshadow and holds. It can be a bit hard to blend at times because of that. However it was only a slight negative. This primer has the same promises of lasting 12hrs. My eye makeup looks FLAWLESS!!! I cannot emphasize that enough. It does not look any different then when I applied it this morning. I'm sooooooooooooo happy with this primer. So much so that I may even get this instead of my Urban Decay Primer Potion (I'm a huge Urban Decay fan). The full size is 0.39oz and it costs $22. I really love this primer and can't image what I'm going to do when I run out (just kidding...sort of). Tomorrow I'm going to try the brightening primer that comes with the set. I'm hoping I'll like that one just as much as I love the first two. Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed this first impressions post. I should have a haul post coming up soon. Thank you for reading!(:

UPDATE: First impressions of the other primer. This one was brightening and I wasn't positive what this was suppose to do. I mean it says brighten but was it going to be luminous or matte. How was it going to brighten? That was my main question. I didn't see the same immediate results that I did with the poreless primer. After I put my makeup on it was a HUGE difference though. My skin looked radiant and glowy. While this is a beautiful primer I'm not a huge fan of it for my oily skin. I still like it but I will probably only use it when I feel like my skin needs a little bit of a pick me up. Overall these primers are AMAZING!!! I planned on picking up the full size versions today but my Sephora was sold out besides the brightening one. I will eventually get them. But I highly recommend trying them!

No comments:

Post a Comment