Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Review: L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation

Hi! So this is my review of the L'Oreal Lumi Foundation. I have been trying it out a few ways and I'll share with you my favorite way to to wear it. Also the pros and cons of this foundation. So to start things off this is how it looks:
 
 
I really like the packaging and it has a pump. I really think all foundations should come with a pump. I like that they made Lumi noticeable on the bottle. On to the pros, I do think it has nice coverage and luminous finish. I have oily skin so the finish was my main concern. You also don't end up looking like a shimmery disco ball either. I like to apply an anti-shine primer before to get rid of any oil so you just get the glow from the foundation. Once it was applied I decided to set it with powder because I can image without something to set the foundation it would eventually wear off and look too oily. And after wearing this foundation for 4 hrs I decided to reapply my powder and add a setting spray. I'm not used to luminous finish foundations so maybe that's why but I felt my face looked slightly oily. It really wasn't too bad but I didn't want it to get worse or the makeup completely slide off my face. So far it is holding up much better with the added setting spray. On to the coverage! I loved the coverage at first. It has less coverage than my MAC foundation so this is more medium coverage. However I took some pictures and realized it didn't cover as well in pictures as it does in person. That made me a little sad but whatever it wasn't a deal breaker. The biggest thing that disappointed me about this foundatin was I heard from a review that there was no sunscreen in this foundation. I was checking out the bottle and I noticed it said "octinoxate sunscreen." BIG disappointment :(. This can be a pro or con depending on if you like sunscreen in your foundation. I don't really like sunscreen in my foundations because it seems too shiny on my face. I'm not sure why some brands are better about having sunscreen in their foundations and others aren't. But to further explain the main reason I don't like sunscreen in my foundation is Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer. There were several things I did not like about this product but the main one being the sunscreen made my face look so greasy. I hated the way it looked when I set it with powder (my face looked dirty) so I just gave up on it. Also the L'Oreal foundation smells exactly like the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer.  Anyways back to the Lumi foundation. Those are the only 2 cons I've experienced. So now I'm going to share my favorite way to wear this foundation. As I mentioned before I apply an anti-shine primer beforehand. Mine is just the Sephora brand. Next I do equal parts of my MAC foundation and the L'Oreal Lumi foundation. This way I feel like I'm getting the best of both. I'm getting the staying power and fuller coverage of my MAC foundation while still getting the luminous finish of the Lumi foundation. Another bonus I see since I'm mixing the foundations I'm using less of MAC foundation which means I won't run out as fast (the nearest MAC store is an hour away.) It give me a nice finish too. It's not too luminous for cameras but it also isn't completely matte (my makeup has been a little too matte lately). In the end would I buy this product again? And I would have to say maybe. I do like this foundation and the price is good. However the Urban Decay Naked foundation more gives me the coverage and finish I was hoping for from the Lumi foundation. On the other hand I do like this foundation in combination with my other products. I probably would  buy it mostly to use on other people and use it occasinally on myself.  -BUT- I happened to notice the there is a L'Oreal Lumi Magique Foundation. I'm not sure how this is different. I didn't notice another Lumi foundation at the store so I'm not sure what that is all about. Anyways I hope you guys found this review helpful. Thanks for reading!

UPDATE: One more thing I wanted to add to this review is this foundatin takes awhile to set. I will do my entire eye makeup (which can sometimes take awhile) and the foundation still seems wet and will wipe right off my face. If you set it right away with a powder it's no longer a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment