Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Review: Moroccan Oil Weightless Hydrating Mask

Hi! Things have not went at all the way I was hoping this week. I have been sick which is why my tutorials have not went up yet but they will later this week. Anyways get ready for some reviews! I'm reviewing some products this week and I also have the Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette on it's way to my house. I may a do a review on it or do some tutorials with it. I also am thinking about doing two Valentine's Day looks. One a little more bold and the other maybe leaning a little more towards Victoria's Secret angel. Anyways on to the review for today. Pretty much everyone has heard of Moroccan Oil. I received two samples of Moroccan Oil in March at a beauty show. I instantly loved it. My friend later introduced me to the whole line of shampoos, conditioners, styling products, and deep conditioning treatments. My friend said she loved the restorative mask but I decided to go with the weightless hydrating mask. This is what the packaging looks like.
I love the packaging. It's the usual blue color that the Moroccan Oil brand uses for it's products. The mask is a typical mask texture. A little goes a long way which is nice since this product can be a little pricey. I love the smell and I can smell it in my hair all day long. It's kind of a relaxing smell at least to me. Speaking of all day long my hair has amazing shine and softness all day. If I'm going for a sleek and shiny look with my hair this mask is a must. However there are some cons. The first would be I'm not sure how much hydration my hair is really getting. Since this products is a mask it should be used about once a week. It feels like the effects of this mask are washed out of your hair the next time you shower. My hair doesn't feel as soft and it starts to feel and look dry on the ends. The second con is while a few uses really does mean weightless anymore is weighed down. It says on the container "Use 1-2 times weekly. Less frequently as hair improves." If I use this product more than once a week my hair feels weighed down. Lately I have been using it once every two weeks which seems to work better. I guess my finally impression would be as much as I like this mask the effects seem to be temporary. I have had this mask for about 6 months and have not completely finished the container. I still feel like my hair has not received the hydration it needs in the long run. If your hair is overall pretty healthy I would recommend this. It comes down to would I buy this again? I would have to say yes. Even though my hair didn't get noticeably better I love how it made my hair feel after using it and the smell. I will be getting a different mask to get the moisture my hair needs. I think once my hair gets longer I will use this mask again. I could see it being really nice for longer hair. Overall I hope this review was helpful. I think for my next moisture mask I will be trying one by Joico in case anyone was wondering. I'm sorry for not yet reviewing the Joico Damage shampoo, conditioner, and mini mask I got. My hair isn't really damaged it just needs more moisture. I'm planning on getting some highlights in February so since I'll be using bleach I'm hoping to test it out more then. I just want to be able to give a really good review for you guys. Another review and maybe a tutorial tomorrow too! Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment