Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Growing Out A Bob: Starting Out

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Sorry if my about me doesn't show up. I'm not good at this blog stuff yet but hopefully soon I will be(; Anyways for my first post let's start with my hair. So basically my hair has been through h-e-l-l and back. Now that it's in a lot better condition and I've grown bored of it again it is time to grow it out. I took some pictures of my hair but unfortunately I can't find the cord I need to upload them on to my computer. So I'm going to add some pictures of how my hair is cut so you get the idea.

Ok so you get the idea. Those pictures are NOT me and I do not own the rights to these pictures.  As of right now it's been almost one month since my last haircut (thanks to one of my wonderful friends who cut my hair around Thanksgiving time). I have a little more than 1/2 in. of new growth (going off my color which was done around the same time)which for my hair is pretty good considering it hasn't quite been a month. So what am I doing?

1. Hair, Skin, and Nails Vitamins- Just 2 a day nothing really special there.
2. Moroccan Oil- So I use the Moroccan Oil Mask and the actual oil.  To be exact I use the Weightless Hydrating Mask to keep my hair moisturized and keep the ends from being dry and breaking off. I use the the actual oil to moisturize my hair as well and for styling reasons.
3. Scalp Massages- Massage your scalp gets the blood circulating and promoting hair growth. I actually do it twice. I use some Aveda composition oil and massage my scalp before I shower. Then I also massage my scalp when I shampoo.
4. Avoiding Heat Styling and Always Using a Heat Protectant If I Do- I try to avoid heat styling or at least cutting down on it. So far it's working pretty well(: But if I do decide to heat style my hair I will use either Redken Blown Away Blow Dry Gel or Aveda Brilliant Damage Control.
5. Detoxing my Hair- I use a good clarifying shampoo every once in awhile to remove product build up and really deep clean my hair and scalp.
6. Water and Exercise- Just typically trying to stay healthy and these also benefit my hair.


That's pretty much it. I'll update if I change anything but this is the plan for right now. Some other recommendations if you are trying to grow your hair out would be a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, a damage remedy shampoo and conditioner,  and the Aveda universal styling creme (a small amount goes a long way and it moisturizes your hair). The Aveda Brilliant Shampoo and Conditioner is also really great. It makes your hair unbelievably soft. I'm hoping to do an update on my hair in about 3 months. I'll do some other posts in between.
Thanks for reading and have a good day!

p.s. I will post pics of my hair soon so you can watch the progress(:

No comments:

Post a Comment