Monday, June 10, 2013

Morocann Oil VS. Macadamia Oil

Hi long time no post! There has been a lot going on but I hope to post a tutorial soon. Today I'm comparing Moroccan oil versus Macadamia oil. This is just the oil not the masks, shampoos, or any of the other products. This is a picture of each of them.
 

 
I have to say I like the Moroccan oil packaging better. I just like the colors better but the Macadamia oil is pretty too. Mine are 2 smaller bottles so it doesn't have the pump but I image the pump would make it way more convenient. Both are obviously oils have the same texture and I would say they both don't weigh my hair down as long as you don't apply too much. One difference is Moroccan oil is yellow and Macadamia is clear. It might be yellow but I have always used a very small amount since my hair is shorter than when I was using Moroccan oil everyday so I need less. They both smell really nice but I say I have to prefer the Moroccan oil one more. It smells more "beachy" to me. I just love the smell and Macadamia I like the smell but don't love it. On to the actual product. I first tried Moroccan oil when my hair was in bad shape. It helps my hair look better but I feel like it never actually did anything for my hair. Now looking at the packaging Macadamia's says healing oil treatment where as Moroccan's says oil treatment. Using both of these Macadamia wins hands down in helping heal my hair. Since they say treatment some nights I will notice the ends of my hair seem super dry and I'm going to wash my hair the next day so I apply a lot of oil to my ends and leave it in over night. By morning with the Moroccan oil my hair felt dry on the ends again. By morning with the Macadamia my hair doesn't feel as oily as last night but more moisturized. You can apply these treatments in wet or dry hair. Another claim is the oil helps speed up drying time. And Moroccan oil wins hands down here. I actually noticed a difference when using the Moroccan but I didn't notice much of a difference with Macadamia. However the both make your hair smell amazing, look and feel super soft and smooth, and add some shine. So bottom line who wins? In my book Macadamia has more of what I need right now. I do like Moroccan oil and I will probably use it when my hair is in better shape but the Macadamia is more moisturizing which my hair needs. Macadamia has a slight lead over Moroccan. I hope this was helpful and thank you for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment