Sunday, June 16, 2013

This is why I fill in my eyebrows...

Hi so today I'm doing a post about my eyebrows. First get ready for a weird picture. Ok here we go.
 
Sorry I wasn't completely finished with my makeup but you can see the difference in filling in my eyebrows. It makes a huge difference for me because my brows are so blonde. So I'm going to go over my brow routine and some of my favorite brow products.
 So I have two brow pencils I really like but they are very different. The first is the MAC Veluxe Brow Pencil in Deep Brunette. I use this mostly when my hair is darker. This pencil is kind of powdery but it makes your brows look natural. I also love that the other end is like a little mascara wand to comb your hairs into place. They have a few shades. It bugs me that they don't have a blonde shade. The only "blonde" shade they have is Strawberry Blonde which I don't know much about. On to my next favorite brow pencil which is the Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel. This is really cheap and I would say it is a more waxy pencil type. I happened to grab this when I was blonde last summer and I ended up loving it. It works with my hair being the red brown color it is now and it works when my hair is blonde. It has a comb on the end but it's not really useful. There is a 3rd brow pencil that I really liked but I can never find the brunette/brown shade but the Maybelline Define-a-Brow pencil is amazing. The only thing I don't like is it is a twist up pencil so you can't see how much product is left. I have heard several people say this pencil is comparable to the MAC regular eye brow pencil for half the price. It is one of my favorites but it is really hard to find anymore except the blonde shade so I'm wondering if they are discontinuing it? That's how I ended up with the Veluxe Pencil because I couldn't find this one. anyways so with my current hair color I first apply the Rimmel pencil in Hazel then to make it a little darker I add a little bit of the Veluxe pencil. Then I take the brush and comb my hair into place and blend the 2 colors together. It lasts pretty well on it's own but sometime I set it with a Revlon clear brow gel. And that is it for my brow routine! It's sounds pretty quick but actually filling in your brows can take a little bit. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment