Sunday, July 21, 2013

Review: Urban Decay Naked BB Cream

Hi! I decided to get some reviews done today. I'm hoping to post a tutorial soon but I've been skipping the makeup on my day off. Anyways I thought I would do a review on the popular Urban Decay Naked BB Cream. This is how the packaging looks.
Overall the package I think is fine. I think it goes well with the rest of the Naked line. It;s easy to get the product out and it looks nice on my vanity. On to the actual product! Was hesitant to jump on the bb cream bandwagon. But I heard how amazing some of these were so I decided to try this one out because 1. I'm a big fan of Urban Decay and 2. I've been hearing good things. First out of the tube I was like I don't think this is going to work. I'm pretty fair usually and this was like medium toned. I thought for sure it was going to be way too dark on my face. However this blends right into your skin. I like medium to full coverage foundation so I knew this wasn't going to replace my everyday foundation. However I did expect a little more coverage than it actually had. I mean Urban Decay even  says "Optical blurring pigments instantly even out skintone and minimize the appearance of pores, lines, wrinkles, and redness." However I felt like this had no coverage. I've had tinted moisturizers and they had more coverage than this. I think it does make my skin look slightly better than it completely bare. So I shrugged my shoulders and went on to my next idea of how to use this product: a primer. I didn't notice much difference right after applying my foundation but I remained hopefully. Honestly I didn't notice a difference in how long my foundation lasted or really any difference at all. However this product did say my life a little bit. I've been not so nice to my skin lately and going tanning for our upcoming trip. Well since I've been testing this product out I've either been wearing it under my foundation or if I'm going to the gym to workout and tan I will apply this and just a bit of mascara to feel a bit made up. Well one day I wore nothing on my face at all. My face got burnt which then my face started to peel. Putting makeup on top of it just looked worse. But this helped me so much! It helped with the dryness it made the peeling noticeable under my foundation. Overall would I buy this product again? Maybe. Overall I think it makes an amazing moisturizer and sunscreen but I don't think it does much else. I do like that I can wear it to the gym when I feel like I need makeup but don't want to wear a lot. I'm hoping to try the smashbox one soon and do a review on it. Thank you for reading and I hope this is helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment