Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Review: Tarte Amazion Clay Foundation

Hi! I have a few posts started but I've haven't really finished any of them. So I should have 3 posts coming about my hair (one is a growing a bob update and then 2 hair tutorials), a makeup tutorial using Sabbath eyeliner, and more reviews. But this was the review I was most excited about. I bought this foundation probably about at least a month ago.  This is how the packaging looks.
 Overall I like the packaging. Its convenient for traveling and the foundation is really easy to get out. Also you have pretty good control how much foundation you want out of the tube. The leaf is the color of the foundation so I'm thinking once you start getting low you should be able to kind of tell but maybe not because this foundation is on the thicker side. I also heard that the cap was bamboo which I feel like really goes with Tarte's whole theme. On to the actual product! So this foundation is suppose to be full coverage. Any time a foundation says that I am very skeptical. Kat Von D I would say is full coverage but it clogs my skin so I can't wear it much. However I do think this foundation is pretty full coverage. But I feel the coverage can vary. I have applied this with just my fingers before and gotten a sheerer application but if I apply with my Makeup Geek Deluxe Stippling Brush I get a more full coverage application. But one of my favorite things about this foundation is that you can use it as concealer. I rarely ever wear concealer because I feel like its just another product to add to my face. I just haven't found one that doesn't feel heavy and that I really like but I haven't tried too many. But on one of the first days I was trying this foundation out I had a zit that was red and painful. It covered ok with the foundation but I decided to try take a little dab of the foundation and try use it as a concealer. It worked super well. So now I apply my foundation all over my face and then go back and apply to any blemishes and under my eyes.The other claim this foundation makes is it lasts 12 hrs. I have tried this foundation with and without primer. The first day without primer by the end of work my foundation didn't look too bad. I was a little shiny and it had faded a little but it still looked pretty decent for it being 12hrs. Next I tried it with my Tarte Poreless Primer. I was less shiny and my foundation looked great at the end of the 12hrs. So I would say yes it definitely lasts 12hrs and a good primer will only help it last longer. I have had no problems with this breaking my skin out which is a huge plus. Also this foundation doesn't feel heavy. I know I said it was a thicker consistency but it doesn't feel heavy and a little goes a very long way. I have frequently squeezed too much out of the tube. It has SPF 15 and it doesn't have any parabens which also is great. So in the end would I buy this foundation again? YES! I think this maybe my holy grail foundation. I always get compliments on my skin and it's when I'm wearing this foundation. It makes my skin look good and feel good. I bought the shade Light but they just came out with new shades which is nice because that was the only bad thing is they only had a few shades. However I feel like the Light shade works very well for me. If I were you I hurry up and get this foundation because it really is amazing. Thank you guys for reading and I'm thinking I may redo the way I do reviews. I would like to include so swatches more pictures. Right now swatches turn out blurry on my camera so I'm going to have to mess with it more. Anyways again thank you guys for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment